About the Tool
This webtool was developed for public usage by the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.
The webtool displays the following types of data:
- Wastewater treatment plants (WWTP) with anaerobic digestion
- Facilities with anaerobic digestion onsite other than WWTP
- Combustion plants.
- Manure locations.
- Manure (non points)
- Municipal solid waste locations
- Crop locations
- Processor residue (non points)
- District energy systems
- Mixed use developments (non points)
- Process heating and cooling locations
Users can interact with the map in the following ways:
- Select the year of the analysis from a drop-down menu.
- Set the background layer as biomass availability or thermal consumption density from a drop-down menu.
- Select whether the facility of interest is an Anaerobic Digestion or a Therochemical facility from a drop-down menu. This filters the biomass data by moisture and only shows the relevant portions based on the facility selection.
- Select from a drop-down menu whether the biomass amounts will be shown as gross amounts or technical amounts.
- Set the radius for the search buffer in which the analysis will be performed.
- Click on any point data on the map to get more information.
- Click on the map, to given the signal of the query point location, from where the algorithmic process is going to initiate. This will show the available biomass locations and amounts that fall within the predefined buffer zone.
- Download the data in a csv format for the entire county or the selected biomass that is inside the predefined buffer.
- Report whether there are errors in the data to us and we will work to the best of our abilities to confirm and fix any issues.
The outputs of the algorithmic process are going to appear on the screen after the computation is done. The outputs consist of the locations of all available biomass that are within the buffer zone from the clicked location. By clicking on any point the user can get more information on the nature and amounts of the biomass.
Governmental Advisory Associates, Inc. 2016-2017 Database on Material Recovery Facilities and Mixed Waste Processing Facilities in the U.S., with updates 2019.
Please contact us if you have any feedback or questions about the tool.